Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake
I would recommend this book to anyone who has dealt with any of these issues
and also for those that love these people (great sections written for church ministry).
Through God-ordained "random" events, He connected me to the book.
The incredible Biblical-perspective found in the pages was an amazing blessing to my life.
"Adoption Loss"...I didn't even know what to call it.
Many times in the loss of Symonne's referral I thought "I wish I had a friend to call up who has been down this road before" and "I wish there was a book written on how to process through all of this".
The book is largely about infertility and miscarriage, but there are many pieces about adoption loss also. I was actually surprised about how many parts seemed to overlap with the "waiting stage" of adoption and the emotional roller coaster that it is (worthwhile read if you have been "in the waiting" for a long time).
A woman's journey...why does it help so much to "know" of others that have been through this? Satan loves to use the tool of trying to "isolate" it is so good to expose how "normal" the feelings are.
Biblical...the amount of Scripture woven in the pages of this book is amazing!
I really can't say enough good about the blessing this book has been to me and pray that it will help better equip me when others share of their losses.
So thankful for the healing and hope the Lord brings!
Cherise, thanks for posting this! I still pray for your family about the loss of Symonne... Tonight I just have felt so sad about being so far "in" time-wise (not to mention money-wise!) & feeling so far away from our end goal. As I saw pictures of another family bringing home their little girl from Ghana, I have felt such a sadness to not be the one doing just that! Anyway, only God knows, but thankful to read this & so respect your trust in the Lord in this difficult journey! Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete