Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas & Happy New Year!

I posted the update on our lives in the 2 blogs below, but I remembered I had wanted to include this incredible C.S. Lewis quote that our friends had sent in their Christmas letter...in reference to how fast time passes, and our continued amazement at it...

C.S. Lewis said our being surprised by the passage of time is akin to a fish being surprised by the wetness of water. Time is the dimension in which we live. Of course it passes. But suppose, Lewis goes on to say, the fish is destined to be a land animal. In that case, he would find the water to be very strange. And of course, the reason we find the passage of time to be strange is because we know, deep down, that we are destined for eternity.

May our thoughts be focused on the Eternal as we continue to be amazed at "how time flies"!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm...great quote to think on, Cherise. It helps me not lament that time is flying faster than I would like it to. Love and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete