Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, our precious Ellyana!

Birthday Girl got flowers from Grandpa & Grandma Knobloch yesterday!
The kids got special candy/toys from Ethiopia this morning after breakfast, they have been waiting to open them till Ellyana's birthday! We have been home 3 months, yesterday!
We had a special celebration tonight with family/friends...the Birthday girl enjoyed her day today...with lots of "Happy Birthdays" at church! Still more birthday to come as we look forward to celebrating with both sides of the family at Thanksgiving time!
After she tasted the frosting she decided to skip the fingers & just eat right off the giant cupcake!
Loving the frosting! It really was a "Happy Birthday"!
Ellyana Blume
Happy 1st Birthday!


E – Ellyana…I love it everytime someone asks what your name is…Ellyana it means “God has answered our prayers”… that’s what you are…our answer to so many prayers, its been 3 months since you are home & I think my eyes still fill with tears at sometime everyday…at the “amazingness” of having you here with us, our 17 pound bundle of answered prayer!!!

L – Light, you light up every room you are in…not sure if it is your beauty, your smile or your fun personality…probably just a lovely combination!

L – Laugh, you love to laugh…Little Miss Giggle…especially at your brothers, who endlessly perform tricks to get another giggle

Y – You, you are just perfect for our family…I shouldn’t be surprised, because the God of the Universe picked you just for us…but we think you are perfect…you remind us so much of the boys so its fun to see that God must think this is the kind of kiddos that are just right for our family!

A – Animated, yes, just like your brothers, there isn’t a moment that we don’t know what you are thinking…and we love it!

N – Never a dull moment, you are on-the-go…into everything & always trying to keep up with the boys!

A – Angel, that’s what we think you are…as very beautiful on the inside as you are on the out! A gift from heaven! Our little joy bell! Sister Bear, we love you…Happy Birthday, precious ONE!!!!
Thanks to each of you for your prayers along this amazing journey, we are so thankful!
My Aunt Sheila Steffen went home to heaven this morning, 41 years with Down Syndrome she has a new body & gets to be with Jesus tonight! Ellyana & I fly out Tuesday evening & fly back Wed night. for the funeral/visitation. I think the whole family would appreciate your prayers in this coming week! Thanks so much & God's blessings to you!

5 comments:

  1. sending(((hugs)))to your precious little birthday girl. praying for your family and for a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious and your cake turned out so good. Isn't our God so good? He brings Sheila into a new life on the very day you celebrate Ellyana's first year of life?!? Ellyana is a great reminder of the life that Sheila has blessed us w/ too!! LIfe and fun!

    Love you all!
    See you tomorrow...praying for safety!
    Shalome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with her name. And I'm sorry I didn't get something in the mail for her bday. I had really good intentions and kept thinking, get a card, get something! And, it never happened. Know we thought about you all and celebrated with you! She is precious. So sorry about your Aunt Shelia. Praying for the family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaPpY BiRtHdAy Ellyana!! I love the oversized cupcake! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, she's so cute!! love the giant cupcake :) kj

    ReplyDelete