Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hardly able to contain!

The days & nights are busy here in this house. Trying to complete every project on the “to-do” list from the past 5 years, getting Ellyana's room ready, trying to have special quality time with the boys and each other, trying to start gathering things for the massive packing we will need to do next week…it is so exciting! I think the phrase I have heard myself say the most is “I’m so excited I can’t hardly contain myself” and that is exactly how I feel.

All of this excitement has gotten me thinking, yes, about the terrible plight of orphans there is so much amazing, heart-wrenching information on the facts & you can not realize that information without having your heart moved to compassion (and action!)

But more often these special days my mind turns to our Heavenly Father, for as I go through this I am so reminded of our own adoption into His family. Could it be that His family is just not complete until we are in? Could it be His heart is longing beyond measure for a relationship with us? Could it be that He is soooo happy to bestow every imaginable blessing on us? Could it be that He is so happy He “can’t hardly contain” Himself to have another precious child to call His own? Could it be that He is up in Heaven “frittering” away preparing just the right place for us to come to?

I believe it is all so true, because it is in His Word & I am experiencing a sliver of what He feels & it is the most overwhelming feeling! He loves us so much, knowing the good days & bad days to come, we are His and that is all that really matters!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful analagy, Cherise. God's adoption of me has become more precious since we have adopted Cristina. We'll be praying for you as you travel.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete